Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Free at Last

First of all I just wanted to say sorry for not posting the last two Tuesdays. I have been super busy! I just got transferred to a new area: Lumberton, North Carolina! I love it so far here and look forward to meeting many amazing people. Every Tuesday from now on I promise!



How come some people in this world are born with disabilities while others are not? When our loved ones are bogged down with this how do we help them? These are all common questions that many of us might have had throughout our lives. I wanted to take this post to talk about an experience that I had a while ago on my mission that meant a lot to me.

There are definitely more and more people being diagnosed with some sort of mental chemical unbalances of some sorts these days.While we don't necessarily know exactly why all of the time, we have been blessed with a lot of guidance on the subject. The following video has had such an impact on my life. I remember exactly where I was and what I was thinking my first time watching it. My companion and I had just had a lesson the previous night with somebody in our area who was having serious struggles with his health. Many doctors met with him and could never really pinpoint exactly what the diagnosis was. The man we were meeting with was doing everything he possibly could to turn his life to God. Despite his constant discipleship, he was still faced with this difficult challenge in his life. We shared a brief message about prayer and how that if he sincerely asked God what he should do, God would answer. You could feel the spirit so strong as my companion and I promised him this and happiness to come, despite his health.

The next day we were watching General Conference, where two times a year church leaders prepare talks to give us all guidance. The video is one of those talks that we saw. With the pains of our friend and many of my loved ones who suffer from disabilities still weighing on my mind, this talk brought a whole new understanding to the questions I mentioned previously. Half way through the talk we got a text message that said "I got an answer to my prayer."

I know that God is mindful of our challenges from anxiety to depression to physical problems. I know that one day we will all be able to live with our families free from our shortcomings at last. As Elder Holland puts it "Free at last."

1 comment:

  1. I have finally rcome to the realization that you have an old soul. What a loving, caring, compassionate post. I remember this talk well. Keep the wonderful posts coming. Thanks for all you do Elder!

    ReplyDelete