Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Little Elephant

About a month ago my mom sent me a Valentine's Day package. In it there was a little elephant that bobs his ears and trunk up and down whenever the sun hits the panel on his back. For the past few weeks the elephant has lived on the dash of our car soaking in the sun, bobbing up and down, as happy as can be. 

Days went by and I barely even noticed it anymore. The sun has hid behind the clouds for quite a few days here in North Carolina. Missionary work continued to be hard as it tends to be and plans kept following through. The dreary scene soon began to get me a little down. I began wondering why the past few days hadn't turned out how I initially had hoped.

My companion, Elder Firmage and I were sitting in the car when we noticed a little reminder that all is well. Despite it being dark and rainy out side, the little elephant in the dash of our car continued to bob his little ears. It is always the little things that teach us the most isn't it? Whatever light was shinning through the clouds at that moment might not have been much, but it was enough. Life is hard and, from time to time, it's hard to be happy. It reminds me of an encouraging quote from Elder Holland "Don’t give up. Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead . . . You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come."

I know that there is always good things to come.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Elder. Great quote and such an adorable little elephant!

    ReplyDelete